Book the experience online!
To experience the Canal by bicycle is lovely, enjoy 40 kilometers of traffic-free cycle path. Wandering is another relaxing way to a different experience. We willingly share our lovely little spots among tourist attractions, cafés and restaurants with you. In addition, the Canal has an interesting history which we gladly tell you more about at the spot. Every season along the Canal has a theme. During 2016 the theme is History.
Put together your own package
Stay in hostel or cottage with possibility to add ecological bedlinen and/or ecological breakfast. Bicycles for both adults and children are available for rent. A sauna is present and could be booked at site.
- Artisans around the canal summer sales in the storehouse
- A farming family’s life in the last century, an exhibition on the upper floor of the storehouse
- Veteran car rally every other Wednesday evening. We are part of ”Retrovägen”.
- Hajstorp’s Smithy, try it for yourself on the first Wednesday of every month
- Rent a bicycle by us for a day or two and pedal the length of the canal’s towpath
- Take a trip on the passenger boat Bellevue
- Watch the locks operating
A little further away
- Karlsborg’s Fortress (Karlsborgs Fästning)
- Forsvik’s Industrial Heritage (Forsviks industriminne)
- Tiveden’s National Park (Tivedens nationalpark)
- Biosphere Reserve, Lake Vänern and Kinnekulle (Biofärområdet Vänern och Kinnekulle)
- Läckö Castle (Läckö slott)
- Hjo, by Lake Vättern (Trästaden Hjo)
- Skara Amusement and Water Park (Skara Sommarland)
- Rail Trollies in Gullspång (Dressinbanan i Gullspång)